Friday, September 9, 2011

Two Miles

Yesterday morning, after work, I headed to a friend's house so we could go running, being that Stephen was heading to Ruidoso that morning and leaving me running buddy-less.

I must say, it was a decision made at the spur of the moment and it ended up being a milestone never reached before...

I ran about three-fourths of a mile, this includes sprinting and slow jogging.

I also did lunges, ran backwards to work out my calves and then ran sideways which works inner thighs...

The rest I walked, trying to catch my breath and keep my sides from splitting open...know what I mean?

It all added up to two miles. I've never done two miles of anything...

It made me realize that I still have a lot in me to dig into...I still have more determination and dedication and discipline that what I am using at the moment or even of what I'm aware of having.

I am sore, hurting from the sole of my feet to my shoulders...but I still went running this morning after work and want to do it again tomorrow morning...the factor working against me would be having to wake up early to do it...I guess we'll have to see.

Intriguing to find out that there's so much about yourself that even you don't know.

As I slowly shed the weight, it seems that I am also slowly discovering who I really am...or perhaps I'll still be the same person I've always been...just healthier and better looking.

Ha! With time, I suppose.

No comments: